Friday, December 14, 2007

Cookie Exchange (Tagged by Trish)

For our 4 legged friends I decided to submit a dog cookie recipe. I plan to make these for our friends who have dogs. I even bought a bone shaped cookie cutter. It should be fun. If you can't find baby food liver then just use chicken. Since I haven't made them yet, I included a picture of Phoenix enjoying one of our Christmas trees last year.

Dog Lickers 'Cookie' Treats

3/4 cup wheat germ

3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder

1 egg

1 tablespoon brewers' yeast

1 (3.5 ounce) jar pureed liver baby food

1/4 cup water, or as needed

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the wheat germ, milk powder, egg, yeast and liver baby food. Add water if necessary to make a workable dough. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, very cool! I can't wait to try these out on our pooches. Thanks Lisa-I just knew you'd come up with something good.

Visit Zooville said...

Honda dog says "Mmm, cookies... will Phoenix and Frodo share some with me? My mom doesn't like to bake much. :(

Lisa said...

Yes, Honda, you are getting some for Christmas!