Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Quiz

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, it has to match the tree it is under, and i like unusual bows and to use postal brown wrap and stamp or glitter shapes on it.

2. Real tree or artificial? We've had both. 3 artificial this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Mid January. I am always holding out for snow. Once I left a tree up till Feb and let the movers pack it for me. They were not happy.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, yuck.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lincoln logs.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, several.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws and my Dad and his wife, because they don't ask for things.

9. Easiest person to buy for? John Jr.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A book written about Eleanor Roosevelt. Used. It's the thought that counts.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail. But this year will be the first in at least 3 years I've had time to do them.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just before Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have, but I can't remember what it was.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Home made coconut chocolate balls. Mmm.

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Why choose? When you can have them all. One tree with blue, one tree with clear, one with multi.

17. Favorite Christmas song? A Christmas Song.

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to host a big crowd at my house. But I also like to take a day trip hiking or something.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}The person before me just did.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I really love everything, but people buying all the Wii's and re-selling them to make money was annoying.

23. Favorite Christmas tradition? When the boys were little, we bought a teddy bear every year for each of them to sleep with on Christmas Eve. Now, we have a large collection of Christmas bears. My other favorite is Big John taking me out on my Christmas date and shopping for me.

24. Up early or sleeping in? Around 6:30 or 7:00am

25. Who hands out the gifts? Everybody.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? We didn't do Santa when the kids were young. We don't wrap the ones that are too big to wrap.

27. Do you tell the Christmas story? If my father-in-law is here he sometimes reads it.

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? No.

Alrighty, then. Let's hear all about Christmas at YOUR house. Tag. You're it!

5 comments:

Tonie Auer said...

Funny, I got this as an email. I'll have to send my answers to you. :)

Tonie Auer said...

Did you never do the Santa thing with your kids? How did you explain when their friends talked about Santa or when they saw shows? We just had to break the news to our oldest a few years back, but he was starting to get it on his own anyway. :)

Lisa said...

We told them about the real Santa, and just explained that some parents like to pretend to be Santa to keep his spirit going. But, they always knew the gifts were from us. Two reasons...When they were ages 4 and 1 we did a Kiwanis project for children with a parent that was in jail and had to deliver the gifts to the individual homes. After visiting and seeing the circumstances that these families were in, we decided we didn't want our kids to ever wonder why Santa doesn't give as many toys to the poor children. Second reason is since I didn't learn that I was adopted at birth until I was 23 years old I'm kind of sensitive about telling our children the truth, even if it is for fun. Christmas for us has always been fun regardless. However, we did get into a bit of trouble at our church pre-school when Eric asked another little girl, "Didn't you know the REAL Santa died a long time ago?". LOL!

Tricia said...

Love your Santa explanation...wish I'd done the same thing. I remember feeling really "lied to" when I found out that Santa didn't bring my toys.

LOL at Eric's effort at enlightening the other pre-school children. Bet the teacher had a cow!

Tonie Auer said...

I felt horribly lied to by my mom whenever she tried to spare my feelings. The worst was when I was going to get a shot and she'd lie to me and say I wasn't. She said she didn't want me to get all upset ahead of time, but it just made me really mad at her later. I was really sad to learn about Santa, so I can totally see why you did it. Not a bad thing.